Monday, January 14, 2008

time's winding down

With this deployment looming closer every day, things around here have been pretty strained. Sid gets clingy, and I can't stand that. I tend to withdraw, and I want him to leave me alone, as terrible as that might seem. But he won't, and his constant badgering is getting on my last damn nerve.

Today, he was supposed to have headed out for a few weeks of so-called training, but last night someone from his command called and said that the ship's staying dockside, so he's got all his stuff packed for nothing. I'm almost mad about it. I was so looking forward to being able to have some space for myself, and not have to worry about him following me around like a needy toddler. Well, it seems I'm not getting that reprieve. I'll just have to suck it up and deal until February.

He's been making stupid comments lately that just make me want to scream. Don't cheat on me while I'm gone probably tops the list of shriek-worthy sayings. Fuck! Who am I going to cheat on him with? My gay friend in Florida? (love you, hoor)

Oh yes, we'll be having hot cyber sex while Sid's away, we're just waiting for him to set foot on that boat so that we can get dirrrty.

I hate this wait. The weeks leading up to the deployment are the hardest part. Even harder than saying goodbye, in my opinion. How awful is it that I just want to see him gone so I can stop feeling like I'm walking on eggshells?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love you too, sweetie.